8 Ways to Get Free Jingle-Jangle
These offers come and go. You can peruse the Free Money tab atop my website. These are NOT all credit card come-ons, but the first one is:
1. ($500-$625) Open a Ink Bold® Business Card. Spend $5,000 in the first 3 months from account opening. Here’s an easy way to help achieve that. You will earn points worth $500.00 cash or $625 in travel. When your statement drops, your points show up (like mine did) and you can have them send you a check.
2. ($50-$75) Get $25.00 with a referral to open a 360 Savings. After your external bank link is confirmed (about 10 biz days), open a 360 Checking account and get $50.00. Both have no minimums or monthly fees. The $25 for 360 Savings is for new customers only, so you need to do that before 360 Checking – if you want both. You can only be new once.
3. ($1,000+) Use a free Bluebird account to maximize your rewards into the thousands. This is NOT a credit card. It’s basically a free checking account that does great stuff.
4. ($500) E-Trade will give you up to $500.00 cash if you open a new account. Move stocks and/or cash into your new account. The week after 45 days have passed since your stocks/cash hit your account, you will get your bonus. E-trade assured me that the bonus is yours to keep after you receive it, even though some people hop from brokerage house to brokerage house getting promotions. Here’s why you should have your stocks in a brokerage house.
5. ($100-$200) Moving? If you file a change of address form, you will get offered some coupons. When I did it, there was always a $100.00 – $200.00 offer from Chase, Union Bank or Bank of America for opening up a new account. So if you are moving, make sure you see if any such offers are in the USPS change of address packet either online or at the PO.
6. ($100s) I got $100.00 last year with American Express’ “Small Business Saturday” promotion. It is coming back on November 24, 2012. You will get a $25 statement credit per American Express credit card when you spend $25 at a small business on November 24th. I used my four Amex cards to buy four $25 gift certificates to my favorite mom & pop local restaurants. If you don’t have one yet, I suggest the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express. Click on Chip’s Favorite Credit Card Offers for up-to-date deals, terms, and conditions on these Amex cards and more.
7. ($1,000+) Use a card that gives you cash back, airline miles, or some other rewards to buy stuff you’d pay cash for anyway. In 2011, I got $3,844 + 238,000 airline miles. Citi, Chase and Discover have 5% cash back categories that change every quarter and never have an annual fee. Combining those cards’ 5% categories and rewards can come to $900.00 a year. Both Chase and Citi will give you $100 statement credits if you spend $500 on those cards in the first 90 days they are open. Those are good to keep around!
8. ($120+) Get at least $120.00 per year using your card to pay your friends, babysitter, landlord and others up to $1,000 per month via Amazon Payments. This is based on using a 1% cash back card.
Thank you for clicking on Chip’s Favorite Credit Card Offers for up-to-date deals, terms, and conditions on these cards and more. I appreciate it! Not only will that ensure you get the correct offer, but we may get a referral credit from approvals. That support helps keep the 1s and 0s spinning around cyberspace bringing great Chip’s Money Tips to you!! Many graciases. Email me if you have any questions about which card might be right for your situation.
This content is not provided or commissioned by the company whose products are featured on this site. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or evaluations provided here are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the Advertiser. This site may be compensated through the Advertiser’s affiliate programs.