Back in the olden days, if you opened a bank account, you’d get a toaster. In 2016, it’s $350 cash! There are hoops, but you need’t jump much.
- Click here to open an HSBC checking account. Offer expires November 18, 2016.
- Pay two bills per month, for three months, every calendar month from your new checking account’s online BillPay or do qualifying direct deposits.
- $350 will be deposited in your new checking account approximately 8 weeks after meeting these requirements. That’s it!
Note: As it says in the Terms and Charges:
- You’ll be charged $25 if your account is closed within 180 days of opening.
- The Choice Checking account is available to consumers who have a US personal related combined deposit and investment balance of at least $1,500 or a recurring direct deposit from a third party.
What I Am Going To Do:
First of all, I am NOT going to act like a ninny and shut down my current checking account. I am simply going to try out HSBC’s system. Who knows? Maybe I’ll like it better than my existing checking account.
- My $2,000 opening deposit will keep me way above the $1,500 daily balance requirement.
- To meet the qualifying activity: I set a notification in my calendar for the 10th of the month to use my new HSBC Checking account to send $75 and $25 to my credit card.
- 5 months in my $350 bonus will show up in my account.
- If I like it, I’ll keep my account open. If I don’t, I can close the account and keep the $350 for trying them out. If I decide to close it I’ll be sure to keep it open 6 months to avoid the $25 early termination fee.