For a limited time, you’ll get 80,000 Marriott Rewards bonus points if you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months your credit card is open. That’s enough points for two nights in Marriott’s swankiest – or two weeks in their skankiest! The points are worth roughly $700! My real-life experience is below, but first…
You get an extra 7,500 points if you add an authorized user while applying for the card. That alone will get you enough points for a free night in a Category 1 hotel. So add a family member when applying.
Redeem your Marriott Rewards points for 4 nights – Get the 5th night free. See their Redemption Grid below.
Don’t need a hotel? Marriott Rewards points can also be turned into frequent flyer miles on these 40+ airlines.
If you’d like to grab this offer while it’s still around, click on “Chip’s Favorite Credit Card Offers” at the top right side of this website and then “Hotel, Motel, Holiday Inn…”. You will be taken to a site where it will be the 3rd card down. If you apply and get approved by using my links, you get the same deal but I get a taste from the bank for referring you. Email me if you have any questions.
If wisely spending $3,000 sounds like a daunting task, check out my post: 11 Ways To Meet A Spending Requirement
Rewards Points Avoid Paying Hotel Tax
If you redeem points for hotel stays, you do not pay tax. That saved me $50/night in San Francisco over Thanksgiving! If you pay for a hotel with cash/credit/pelts, you must pay tax on top of the hotel rate. Here are screenshots showing the same 40,000 point hotel room would have run me $347.78.
- Earn 80,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Plus, earn 7,500 bonus points when you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Enjoy 1 Free Night Stay at a Category 1-5 location every year after your account anniversary date!
- Earn unlimited Marriott Rewards points and get free stays faster
- Earn 5 points for every $1 spent at 4,000 Marriott locations, 2 points for every $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airlines, at car rental agencies & restaurants and 1 point everywhere else
- The fastest way to earn Marriott Rewards points towards free nights
- The fastest way to earn Marriott Rewards Elite Status. Receive 15 Elite Credits guaranteeing Silver Elite Status or better. Plus, Earn 1 Elite Credit for every $3,000 spent on purchases
- The $85 annual fee is not waived. This is still a better deal than the usual 50,000 point offer with the annual fee waived the first year.